Re: Showing APIs to the ECMAScript world

On Thursday, April 18, 2013 at 11:01 PM, Charles McCathie Nevile wrote:

> Hi (especially the chairs, and spec editors)
>
> a discussion on public-script-coord recently suggested that one of the
> things that W3C groups should do when building APIs is give a heads-up to
> the people who follow public-script-coord - who as well as other W3C
> groups working on APIs include people who are most focused on ECMAscript
> development. The idea is that to get a broader community casting their
> eyes over API design, to figure out how it fits into the javascript
> landscape, get a handle on use cases, let people know if they seem to be
> doing something that is generally considered a bad idea, ...
>
> This makes sense.
>
> Has anyone put the APIs this group is working on in front of that
> audience? Since people here are looking at implementing, it seems like
> there is no such things as "too soon", only "too late to save us from some
> obvious mistake cheaply"... in other words, no time is as good as now...

I agree, but I think we should do this after we update the specs to use Futures (so we avoid the whole "what's this DOM Request thing? why are you not using Futures?"). And we should start with a small spec,  to see if the process will actually worked as promised.

The Web Alarm spec meets this criteria - it's small and uses Futures as of today, so it's ready for review.

Kind regards,
Marcos

--
Marcos Caceres