Re: Request to move app: URI to FPWD

On 18/04/2013 17:42 , Mandyam, Giridhar wrote:
>> The point of a charter is to define the scope of deliverables so
>> that participants can estimate the breadth of the patent
>> commitment.
>
> This feature was not defined within scope of the charter based on our
> understanding.  This is why I was asking for it to be called out in
> the charter.

If you can describe how it is possible to have a Web-based Execution
Model that does not feature a notion of origin — and therefore
potentially a scheme — then I can understand how this may not be clearly
in scope. But I really can't think of a situation in which this would
not be needed.

Further note that after much discussion precisely on this topic, and
before the chartering of this group, the community's consensus was that
a new scheme was needed for the widgets case. Barring new technical
information, due diligence in reviewing the field's best practices and
consensus would lead to the conclusion that a scheme would be part of
the runtime.

> In order to move this forward, would it be possible to modify the
> charter from its current form to better describe the deliverables of
> the group?  If there is some commitment to this, we can withdraw our
> objection.

The charter is up for renewal in October 2014. I am confident that it
will strive to provide as good a description of the group's deliverables
as it can.

The alternative is to recharter this group, which will require voting by
the AC and everyone on this group to re-join. I don't really understand
what that would achieve, unless it's a delaying tactic.