RE: Some comments in Execution and Security Model spec

Marcos, thanks for your follow-ups. My comments are as below.

> Hi Hongbo,
>
> On Tuesday, April 16, 2013 at 2:03 PM, Min, Hongbo wrote:
>
> > Hi, Runtime model editors,
> >
> > I just read carefully about the Runtime model spec at
> http://sysapps.github.io/sysapps/proposals/Sysapps-

> Runtime/Overview.html#runtime and put down some comments for your
> reference. Please educate me if I have misunderstanding. Thanks.
>
> Thanks for the comments. Please note that that spec is out of date, but your
> comments are still relevant. We will be pulling down those specs this week to
> avoid confusion.
>
> The new spec is at:
> http://runtime.sysapps.org/

Thanks for your information.

> > 2. About using DOMRequest as return value
> >
> > Lots of API is designed to return DOMRequest object. I think it should be
> better to define the meanings of DOMRequest object status, such as what
> onsuccess/onerror/readyState/result/onerror stands for respectively in Runtime
> model. For example, if the given applicationId parameter cannot be found, then
> what is the status of the returned DOMRequest object?
>
> We will be removing DOMRequest from all specs in favor of Futures:
> http://dom.spec.whatwg.org/#futures

That's great!

> > 3. Be better to add ‘description’ field in application manifest since Application
> object also has a description field.
>
> please see:
> http://runtime.sysapps.org/#description-member

> Is that sufficient?
Yes.

> > 6. About Application.size, it should be in bytes, right? We should give a clear
> definition in spec.
>
> Do you mean downloadSize? It currently states:
> "The attribute should return the size of the download that would be required to
> update the application in kilobytes, if any"
>
> http://runtime.sysapps.org/#widl-Application-downloadSize

> What do you recommend we add to make this more clear?

So do we have a field to store the size of application itself after installation? It may be useful for an application manager to display such an information to end-user. If a user may prefer to uninstall the less unused application that takes up a huge space.

> > 7. No method to show an application in foreground if it is hidden via hide API.
>
> As there is currently no "hide API", I'm not sure if this is an issue. Also, please
> note that "system messages" can be used to foreground an application at an
> appropriate time. See the Web Alarms API:
>
> http://web-alarms.sysapps.org

Make sense. Thanks for explanation.

> > 9. Does it make sense to add ‘onupdate’ event in Application interface to let
> Application itself be aware of update?
>
> Could be. What use case did you have in mind? I guess it's similar to when a
> new version of AppCache is available.

In fact, the use case in my mind is,  if application knows it has a n

Thanks...Hongbo