Re: [Telephony] editorial 10.3 Steps

On Wed, Apr 17, 2013 at 12:06 AM, Josh Soref <jsoref@blackberry.com> wrote:
> The description for disconnected [1] says:
>> The multiparty call has been disconnected and this object is invalid for call control. In this final state, the implementation MUST raise an ILLEGAL_STATE exception when any method call is attempted.
>
> Descriptions should really be informative, and shouldn't include normative (MUST) language.

I think I wanted to avoid saying the same things twice. The solution
may be to use Anssi's patch [3] and discard the short descriptions.
Will update the spec, thanks.

> Note that not all methods trigger the same error state when one takes a call/conference which is in "disconnected".

I need to update the spec on this. When a call is disconnected, and
the 'ondisconnected' handler returns, the object is disposable,
regardless if it is ConferenceCall or TelephonyCall.

> * `split` will trigger InvalidModificationError instead.
> * removeParticipant supposedly will ask the system to do work...

BTW removeParticipant may be removed from this version if we bind the
spec to old legacy mobile specs.

> On the subject of normatives, CallHistoryEntry Interface [2] says:
> "This section is non-normative."
> "This interface describes the properties which MUST be supported for call history entries."
> "For multiparty call there MUST be a separate object for each call participant, sharing the same value for the conferenceId property."
>
> Non-normative sections SHOULD NOT use RFC words....

Yes. I will correct the spec.

Thanks for pointing out these issues.

Best regards,
Zoltan