Re: Proposal for New Items : Seamless mobility API for web applications

Hi Sunghan,
This is not really my area, so please excuse the naive questions below… regardless, this sounds like an interesting use case, though hopefully not one that Web developers would need to deal with: the transition from network to network should be seamless to developers, IMHO. Hopefully, no API need be exposed and things just continue to work (though I can see things like re-establishing socket connections, etc. might need to happen at one moves from one network to another…).

On Sunday, 7 April 2013 at 03:06, 김성한 wrote:

> Use case (One of examples) : Mobile web game with vertical handover
>
> Mike plays mobile web game at 3GPP wireless service areas and is walking to outdoor, and the mobile web game is network game in client-server environment. ( He connected to game server was authenticated to network continuously through phone number to have connected at 3GPP areas, and uses ID and PW. Game server checks phone number to confirm that user who is authenticated through ID and PW was coupled continuously to server.)
Do games that run as native apps currently do this?
> As he plays a game, he is walking into Wi-Fi area. Network authentication data does not tranfer from 3GPP to Wi-Fi service. But, game server checks IP address whether user is authenticated or not. However, IP is changed as Mike moves from 3GPP areas to Wi-Fi area. Therefore, moble web game application does not continue due to non-authenticated IP by the game server, and as a result, the mobile session is disconnected.

Wouldn't you use secure cookie or something less volatile instead?

Kind regards,
Marcos
--
Marcos Caceres