Re: Telephony API, new version

Hello,

On Wed, Apr 3, 2013 at 12:10 PM, Hsin-Yi Tsai <htsai@mozilla.com> wrote:
> Another concern: for cellular telephony, what would
> serviceId/defaultServiceId be when there's no SIM card inserted at all?
> Even no SIM card inserted, user should be able to make a call (emergency
> call). We need to make sure the API allows that.
> I am not sure whether this issue has been discussed before or is still
> under discussion, but I do want to share my concern since I cannot tell
> from the proposal.

The dial() method can be used without specifying a service, which then
is supposed to use the default service.
If there is no SIM card, there is no default service (implementations
can use a special Id for that). Still implementations need to check
whether the number is emergency, basically they will likely call the
number, and the call will fail in the modem/implementation, except
when it is truly an emergency number, which will succeed (because
certifications require it works). So IMO this can be considered an
implementation detail.

Best regards,
Zoltan