Re: [sysapps/runtime] cross origin XHR in packaged apps

On Tue, Apr 2, 2013 at 12:49 AM, Janusz Majnert <j.majnert@samsung.com> wrote:
> Hi Jonas,
> On 2013-04-01 15:26, Jonas Sicking wrote:
>>
>> First off I think we should enable some way for packaged apps to be
>> same-origin with their "home site". I.e. if a developer running a
>> website on http://www.example.com it should be possible for this
>> developer to somehow distribute a packaged app that is same-origin
>> with http://www.example.com.
>
> Why do you think it should be possible? Are there any use cases that this
> would enable?

It makes it dramatically easier to create a packaged app which
interacts with a server component. While it is possible to interact
with a cross-origin server using several technologies (CORS,
postMessage, WebSockets, TCPSocket, JSONP), all have significant
disadvantages.

/ Jonas