Re: WebIDL to Anolis source?

On 25/10/2012 14:52 , Kis, Zoltan wrote:
> In [1] Anolis is recommended for generating the specifications from a
> raw .src.html file.
> This would be fine, but one important step is missing: from me to the
> Anolis source. It is extremely inconvenient to write the Anolis
> src.html files in text editor. It is a total aberration and a crime
> against human eyes to write specifications like this, it's unreadable
> and needs many times more time to write, or find and correct
> something. For younger eyes this may be OK, but for me it's
> unbearable. Using ReSpec is better, but not by much.

If you have a workable, easily parsed syntax that can handle that
embedded in HTML, then I can add support for that to ReSpec (at some
point — I'm not committing to a deadline).

I also take patches, of course ;-)

If you're sticking with Anolis, then keep in mind that it's just a CLI
processor tool. You can add other steps to the processing toolchain in
order to pre-generate stuff that is then fed to it.

> Does anyone have a better solution to this problem?
> I can't believe everyone is writing source text for Anolis/W3C, so
> likely there is (?) a solution.

If people weren't happy with what they have they'd have written up a
solution, but I don't know of any. Which isn't to say that there
shouldn't be one :)