Re: Telephony API draft: disconnect reason

From: Kis, Zoltan <zoltan.kis@intel.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2012 17:53:20 +0200
To: EDUARDO FULLEA CARRERA <efc@tid.es>
Cc: "public-sysapps@w3.org" <public-sysapps@w3.org>, JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA <jmcf@tid.es>
Hello,

IMO we should also remove the "error" call state. We do have an
"onerror" event handler that will have the "error" attribute set to
the error, whatever the call state is. The call state is valuable
information also in those error conditions which are recoverable or
non-critical to call signaling, so these should be signaled in
parallel with call state and should not mask the call state.
Irrecoverable errors will likely set the call state to "disconnected"
by the middleware with the reason set on the "error" attribute, and in
that case "onerror" is likely not called (since not needed), but even
if it would be, it should not overwrite the call state.

Best regards,
Zoltan