Re: Updated charter proposal

On Jun 6, 2012, at 18:19 , Adam Barth wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 6, 2012 at 1:37 AM, JOSE MANUEL CANTERA FONSECA <jmcf@tid.es> wrote:
>> I think it is important to add Contacts to phase 1 just to complete the
>> set of Core APIs for Communication i.e. Messaging, Contacts and Telephony,
>> they are a pack that should go together, IMO, and be a priority. On the
>> other hand, we have very good starting points for Contacts, namely, the
>> existing W3C Draft from DAP and the recent work from Mozilla B2G ...
>
> There's no way we're going to be "complete" in any sense of the word
> after phase 1.  Phase 1 is about getting traction and building
> momentum.

I don't think that Jose meant that the group or its deliverables are going to be complete after phase 1. Rather, he is pointing to the fact that Messaging, Contacts, and Telephony form some kind of coherent basic gang that it would be good to complete. I think I agree: if you put those together you can start writing some of the most fundamental apps in a common phone with just SysApps. Doing so should provide a useful litmus test for the viability of the system as a whole.