Re: updated draft charter

Dave,

On the privacy aspects, I think it would be a good time to take a system-level approach to that across these APIs. Thus I propose that we add a Privacy API to the phase 1, with the objective of providing to the user whatever information is relevant to the privacy related characteristics of all apps on the device, and related system-wide controls for the same. For example, in the DNT discussion it's been noted that diverse implementations in web user agents (of which there can be multiple) and web-enabled apps can lead to fragmented and inconsistent representations of user privacy preferences. Thus it would be good to enable management of preferences system-wide, and ensure that the applicable signals are always used (e.g. DNT header). The objective of the API would not be to mandate any UI aspects, but to provide the ability of apps to disclose privacy related characteristics, and the ability of suitably authorized apps to read those characteristics and manage system-wide privacy settings.

Thanks,
Bryan Sullivan