Re: System Level API spec editors

From: Mounir Lamouri <mounir@lamouri.fr>
Date: Tue, 05 Jun 2012 15:48:41 +0200
To: public-sysapps@w3.org
On 06/05/2012 03:38 PM, Dave Raggett wrote:
> On 05/06/12 13:47, Mounir Lamouri wrote:
>> On 06/01/2012 09:16 PM, Carr, Wayne wrote:
>>> Sensors API. Examples: No sample draft, but previous work was done in
>>> DAP, likely Web Intents based and including sensors in local network.
>>
>> I think using Web Intents would be an abuse of the API.
>
> The DAP WG discussion on this led to working on separate simple specs
> for each sensor, starting with proximity. Web Intents is still
> interesting when there is more than one instance of a sensor on a device
> or you want to access sensors across the local network or even remote
> sensors.

So if there is more instance of a sensor the user will have to pick the
sensor he/she wants to use? And I'm not sure how using a remote sensor
would make sense... In addition, I was assuming only applications were
able to handle an intent.
IMO, the API should whether provide a way to access the multiple sensors
or just provide an unified value.

Cheers,
--
Mounir