RE: System Level API spec editors

Those are suggestions for how the WG should get started.  Separate from the charter, it may be useful to think about how the WG should start, but that is up to the people who join the actual WG and shouldn't be dictated by the charter.

What we need to decide in the charter is the scope of what the WG is allowed to work on for that first 2 years.  If it isn't in the scope of the charter, they can't work on it, and no one has any licensing commitments related to it.  So, while we don't want to include things no one wants to work on, we also don't want to over constrain the WG before we even know who they are.

People (not just in this mail list) have asked for those who want the WG to start to demonstrate resource commitments.  That's what we're doing with our email on editors.  We hope others who've written specs like these will also offer editors.  Multiple editors from multiple orgs would be good for this consolidation type effort.