RE: System Level API spec editors

We’d like to also offer an editor for the Messaging API.  I think Mozilla may have suggested they may provide an editor for that one, so we’d offer to join them as editor.

From: Carr, Wayne [mailto:wayne.carr@intel.com]
Sent: Friday, June 01, 2012 12:16 PM
To: public-sysapps@w3.org
Subject: System Level API spec editors

We will need to go through our usual (very long) approval process to participate in the WG, but we can make a provisional offer to edit the following specs.  This is an offer for after we get our internal (Legal) approval and the WG is approved and starts.

Mozilla indicted they may offer editors for some, so we would be offering to join them on any that overlap – and we hope others offer editors for these or the other specs too.  We assume the WG will choose editors and that specs will have multiple editors.

Specs we would offer editors for (we’re also still looking at another):

Sensors API. Examples: No sample draft, but previous work was done in DAP, likely Web Intents based and including sensors in local network.

Network Interface API. Examples: B2G Mobile Connection<https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/WebMobileConnection>, B2G WiFi Information<http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla.dev.webapi/browse_thread/thread/ed980c42261c5f4a>.

Secure Elements API. Examples: none

Alarm API. Examples: Tizen Alarm<https://developer.tizen.org/help/topic/org.tizen.help.web.api.device/tizen/alarm.html>

Calendar API. Examples: B2G Calendar<https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/CalendarAPI>, Tizen Calendar<https://developer.tizen.org/help/topic/org.tizen.help.web.api.device/tizen/calendar.html>

Contacts API. Examples: Tizen Contacts<https://developer.tizen.org/help/topic/org.tizen.help.web.api.device/tizen/contact.html>, B2G Contacts<https://wiki.mozilla.org/WebAPI/ContactsAPI>