Re: drafts available

Thanks Marisa!

As discussed with the Publishing working group during W3C TPAC, the next
logical step in this brainstorming / drafting effort will be to clearly
separate the two following facets:

1) the core "sync media" functionality that is *not* directly tied to Web
Publications, in a nutshell:

- the declarative JSON-based syntax that maps a continuous playback stream
of audio clips with the linear reading order of a document structure (this
is currently derived from EPUB3 MediaOverlays / SMIL, but this notion of
"overlay" can effectively be defined in isolation from the actual
publication format),

- the mechanism that binds HTML documents and their "sync media" overlays
(the term "timesheets" comes to mind as a nod to CSS stylesheets, but it is
already loaded with its historical SMIL-inspired precedent, so I suggest we
avoid using it ;)

- the designated "sync media" HTML metadata, such as: narrator info,
playback duration, highlighting style selectors, skippability/escapability,
synchronization granularity, etc.

2) the building blocks / hooks that are needed in Web Publications to
include the aforementioned core "sync media" functionality not only at the
document level (i.e. individual HTML files), but also at the publication
level (i.e. manifest readingOrder / continuous playback across an ordered
sequence of resources).
For example, the proposed specification must disambiguate override /
precedence rules for publication-level vs. HTML-level metadata, and it must
also describe playback / interaction requirements in the coherent context
of a publication / collection of HTML documents (including the particular
case of narrated resources that are outside of the linear reading order,
such as ancillary documents / extended accessible descriptions).

This was a quick summary from the top of my head.
Marisa, is that all correct? :)

Others, comments welcome too!

Cheers, Daniel