Re: drafts available

Marisa,

I did not want to loose my comments, so let me put them here. I am happy to cut-and-paste them when the issues are put into github as separate gh issues…

I try to refer to the structure on the repo's md file.

# Issue 1

If one looks at the [schema.org <http://schema.org/> context file](https://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json <https://schema.org/docs/jsonldcontext.json>), it does _not_ encodes the RDF subtyping relationship (alas!). However, the following

```json
{
    "@context":"http://schema.org <http://schema.org/>",
    "@type" : "Audiobook",
    "author": "Ivan"
}
```

is accepted by the [structured data testing tool](https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool <https://search.google.com/structured-data/testing-tool>), whereas

```json
{
    "@context":"http://schema.org <http://schema.org/>",
    "@type" : "Thing",
    "author": "Ivan"
}
```

is not (rightfully so). Ie, the tool "knows" that the term "author" is valid for Audiobook because it is a Book. This is also what the [type documentation](http://schema.org/Audiobook <http://schema.org/Audiobook>) suggests which explicitly lists all the terms that are "inherited" from various other types.

Bottom line: I would think relying on the "Audiobook" term is fine.

# Issue 1b

We touched upon this on the F2F meeting with DanBri. His advice was to add a type to wikidata.org <http://wikidata.org/>, use that URL (that we can alias to Videobook) and there seem to be enough relationships between schema.org <http://schema.org/> and wikidata to have that working.

# Issue on duration

DanBri said he would look at extending the 'duration' term to include everything that the HTML specification allows. We may want to postpone that issue for now and see whether something moves there.

# Issue on sync media specific properties

I am not sure I understand what

```json
"css-class-active": "-epub-media-overlay-active"
```

means, or would mean for us. The way I understand the description, there would be two pre-defined class names that UA-s may use. I have no real problem with that, but what does it have to do with the manifest?

# Associating (HTML) documents with their "sync media" overlay

I am not sure whether 'sync-media' is the right terminology for what you describe; you relate the resource to a mini-SMIL (a.k.a. Grin) file which _describes_ the sync structures. (I do not have a problem with the JSON structure, modulo my separate [issue on terminology](https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/356 <https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/356>))

# Media type for the Grin file

What does `vnd.wp-` stand for? The media is really a mouthful. What about something like /grin+json?

# Should the duration property be placed on the (HTML) link instead of the "sync media" link

Again per [issue on terminology](https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/356 <https://github.com/w3c/wpub/issues/356>) if the duration is the duration of the (HTML) resource, then the example is fine, if it is the duration of the Grin file, then it should be part of the 'sync-media' imho. One does not exclude the other, it just means something different...

# The resources section combines assets specific to the "sync media" overlay with those that pertain to the main publication

I am more in favour of placing things where they belong. The media files are resources with their own characteristics, ie would keep them as part of the resources.

I hope this helps

Ivan

> On 30 Oct 2018, at 20:08, Marisa DeMeglio <marisa.demeglio@gmail.com <mailto:marisa.demeglio@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> We discussed this at the F2F last week and I wanted to paste a link here for everyone to see and comment on:
> https://github.com/w3c/sync-media-pub/blob/master/manifest-exts.md <https://github.com/w3c/sync-media-pub/blob/master/manifest-exts.md>
>
> It covers two key concepts:
> - how to represent the audio + text sync points
> - how to integrate all this into a web publications manifest
>
> Thanks to Daniel Weck for putting this together. Looking forward to some good discussions.
>
> Marisa

----
Ivan Herman, W3C
Publishing@W3C Technical Lead