Re: Getting started

Hello,
for your information, I split the original Wiki page into 3 separate
Markdown documents:
https://github.com/w3c/sync-media-pub/tree/master/drafts

I added a couple of links related to WebTiming, as per our other discussion
thread on this mailing-list (
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sync-media-pub/2018Mar/0003.html
).
Other than that, the contents are the same as before.

Regards, Daniel

On 7 March 2018 at 19:50, Marisa DeMeglio <marisa.demeglio@gmail.com> wrote:

> Marisa, can we go ahead and use the dedicated GitHub space already?
(issue tracking, wiki notes, sample content, etc.)
> https://github.com/w3c/sync-media-pub
>

> Yes absolutely! The github space is live. If anyone would like write
access to commit files (rather than using the wiki/issues), just let me
know.

> I think it would be a good idea to review the “Requirements and Design
Options” document [1] and see what we think is in scope. Everyone on this
list should feel free to leave comments on the page or bring up points
here. It would be good to know where everyone is at regarding their
interest in this work.

https://github.com/w3c/publ-wg/wiki/Requirements-and-design-options-for-synchronized-multimedia

> On Mar 6, 2018, at 8:27 AM, Daniel Weck <daniel.weck@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hello list!
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sync-media-pub/
>
> My name is Daniel Weck, I work with the DAISY Consortium, Readium
Foundation, and EDRLab.
> I am a software developer, with extensive experience in accessible
multimedia authoring / playback tools, and reading systems for the EPUB
format.
> Over the years, I contributed to several web/publishing technical
standards (DAISY, IDPF, and W3C working groups).
> I am currently involved in the Digital Publishing activity at W3C.
>
> As Marisa mentioned, we created a document to lay down a preliminary set
of design requirements.
> In this document we also list web technologies that may (or may not) help
meet those requirements.

https://github.com/w3c/publ-wg/wiki/Requirements-and-design-options-for-synchronized-multimedia

> Note that we sometimes refer to existing work in relation to EPUB3 Media
Overlays (the SMIL-based standard for text-audio synchronization in talking
books / read aloud publications),
> and there is possibly some cross-over with the ongoing Web Publications
work, as well as with respect to the future evolution(s) of the EPUB
standard under the W3C process.

> So, hopefully this Community Group will drive a productive conversation
about "synchronised multimedia for publications" on the Open Web Platform!

> Marisa, can we go ahead and use the dedicated GitHub space already?
(issue tracking, wiki notes, sample content, etc.)
> https://github.com/w3c/sync-media-pub
>
> Regards, Daniel
>
> https://www.w3.org/community/sync-media-pub/
>

> On 27 February 2018 at 20:14, Marisa DeMeglio <marisa.demeglio@gmail.com>
wrote:

> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > In the interest of starting this CG work, I’d like to propose that we
introduce ourselves and start refining some requirements.

> > So, I’m Marisa, I write software for the DAISY consortium, and I’ve
worked a lot on accessible synchronized audio + text ebooks.

> > Here is a link to something we put together for the Publications WG,
just to get our initial thoughts into one place:

https://github.com/w3c/publ-wg/wiki/Requirements-and-design-options-for-synchronized-multimedia

> > As we’re moving this work into our CG now, we should look at these
requirements again and decide if there are things to add or remove.

> > Then the next step is either finding a good fit with an existing
technology, or, if we don’t find anything, outlining an approach for a new
format. I am interested in what’s going on in the Media & Entertainment IG
and especially the cue API, and how we can make that work for us. I have a
call with them next week to learn more and also to share what we’re doing.