RE: [Semantic Web service] public and/or private repository

Hi Freddy,

Are you looking for online collections of SWS descriptions for doing
testing/benchmarking, or looking for service registries supporting semantic
publication and discovery (based on some specific SWS approach)?

In the first case, you might want to also look at the SAWSDL test suite at
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/sawsdl/CR/testsuite.html (pressing cancel in the
prompt). It contains a small number of semantically annotated WSDL 1.1 and
WSDL 2.0 documents, so it can’t be compared to the scope of the OWL-S Test
Collection, but perhaps you‘ll find them to be useful examples of
alternative SAWSDL annotation techniques.

Concerning the second, quite a few people have proposed semantic extensions
to UDDI based on one or another SWS approach. A public deployment of such a
semantically-extended UDDI registry (based on OWL-S) is described in [1] and
[2]. It was a variant of the OWL-S/UDDI Matchmaker developed at CMU. Let me
know if you need more pointers to relevant literature. We at SEERC are
currently developing a semantically-extended UDDI registry (based on SAWSDL)
in the frame of FUSION, an FP6-funded project (http://www.fusion-strep.eu
<http://www.fusion-strep.eu/> ).

Hope this helps,

Dimitrios Kourtesis

Research Associate

SEERC - South East European Research Centre

[1] T. Kawamura, J. D. Blasio, T. Hasegawa, M. Paolucci, K. Sycara: Public
Deployment of Semantic Service Matchmaker with UDDI Business Registry,

Proceedings of 3rd International Semantic Web Conference (ISWC 2004), LNCS
3298, pp. 752-766, 2004.

[2] T. Kawamura, J. D. Blasio, T. Hasegawa, M. Paolucci, K. Sycara:
Preliminary Report of Public Experiment of Semantic Service Matchmaker with
UDDI Business Registry, Proceedings of First International Conference on
Service Oriented Computing (ICSOC 2003), LNCS No. 2910, pp. 208-224, 2003.
Available at: http://www.cs.cmu.edu/~softagents/papers/ICSOC03.pdf

  _____