Re: Main difference Frames and OWL-DL

My 2 cents worth:

In frames, each class is described by specifying (at least) a super-
class and some attribute value pairs - such a specification is called
a frame. There may be additional features such as defaults etc. The
semantics is often not formally specified.

OWL-DL is based on a Description Logic, so it is a decidable subset
of FOL with precisely defined semantics. Classes can be described
using frame-like axioms, but the language is more flexible and allows
for, e.g., multiple descriptions of a given class as well as axioms
that establish (subclass or equivalence) relationships between two
complex descriptions.

Ian