Re: Difference between Agents and (Semantic) Web Services

Jyotishman Pathak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pardon me if this is a very naive question, but someone can please tell
> me crisply the difference(s) between software agents and (semantic) Web
> services? I have been trying to find out a comparison between them over
> the Web and came across the following:
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=873262, which unfortunately did
> not suffice my query to its entirety.

there is an Agents and Web Services Interoperability Working Group @
FIPA (http://www.fipa.org/subgroups/AWSI-WG.html) and the presentations
at their site list some of the similarities/differences between agents
and (semantic) web services, but I'm not sure this WG is still active

hth,

	Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "