RE: W3C and SWS

For all those interested in SWS, one constructive way to proceed is to take
a look at www.semwebcentral.org <http://www.semwebcentral.org/>   where
software tools can be downloaded for constructing semantic web services. In
particular, there are tools for authoring and editing OWL-S profile, process
model and grounding (e.g. the OWL-S editor from SRI) and also the Integrated
Development Environment from Carnegie Mellon University that supports SWS
developers in creating and editing (via the CMU OWL-S editor), matching
(through the OWL-S/UDDI matchmaker) and invoking (via the OWL-S Virtual
machine).

There is also the OWL-S-MX matchmaking tool, OWL-P for protocols, and many
other tools (I am not trying to be exhaustive here). There are also many
ontologies. I am sure WSMO has tools that can also be used.

In other words, people are not only discussing in papers about what a SWS
should have but have proceeded with creating tools to support the integrated
enactment of sws from authoring to invocation.

We (CMU and other people who have developed tools and put them out there to
be used) would appreciate their use by the community for various
applications. We also appreciate the constructive feedback based on the
experience of using the tools.

As Charlie said, these things take time, effort and constructive
cooperation.

Katia Sycara

Carnegie Mellon University

  _____