Re: OWL-S question: multiple atomic processes

Dear Brian,

Thanks for your response! I was indeed thinking of defining my own "Service"
OWL class, which could contain multiple OWL-S processes, and thereby would
still do what I want. However, this is a custom extension to OWL-S.

Is defining the three distinct services as a composite choice process a good
alternative, or is it just a hack, abusing the OWL-S spec? Can you still
choose yourself which of the three services will be executed?

>From the spec:

<quote>
: Choice calls for the execution of a single control construct from a given
bag of control constructs (given by the components property). Any of the
given control constructs may be chosen for execution.
</quote>

The sentence "any of the given control constructs may be chosen for
execution" makes me think it it not possible.

I am going to add more metadata to OWL-S services  as a custom extension, so
it is actually no disaster if I would have to define a "service" of my own,
on top of the three OWL-S services.

Thanks in advance!

--
Jo Vermeulen
Expertise Centre for Digital Media - Hasselt University