RE: Semantics of WSDL vs. semantics of service

Harry,

On the contrary, I think my approach is much more closer to Semantic Web
than WSDL/SOAP. Here are the reasons:

1. Semantic Web is implemented over HTTP while WSDL/SOAP has to use SOAP
over HTTP. It's a duplication as we can bridge semantic Web with Web
services under the same protocol as I demonstrated already.

2. Semantic Web targets at defining the *semantics* within an HTML document.
If we reduce all type signatures to a single string input and single string
output in WSDL, we can then get rid of the framework (WSDL/SOAP) but focus
on the *semantics* of the message we exchange between the service provider
and service requester, i.e. the *semantics* within an XML document.

Here you see, in semantic Web, we exchange HTML document. In semantic Web
services, we exchange XML document. You can use your RDF/OWL tool to define
the meaning of your service, not the interface signiture of your service.
Since HTML and XML share the same ancestor SGML, it is easy for you or
someone else to find a way to set up a mechanism of standardized semantic
definition that can be used in either/both HTML or/and XML document. In this
way, we bridge the semantic Web and Web services under the same Internet
protocol within the same semantic description framework.

In Jacek's typical example as <symbol>exmp</symbol> vs. <CompanyName>, if
you deal with the type signatures in WSDL, you try to use RDF/OWL to tell
requester about the Semantics of WSDL, however, the semantics of the service
is about <CompanyName>. So if you deal with the semantics of WSDL, you are
far away from the goal of semantic Web and semantic Web services.

Best regards,

Xuan