RE: Semantics of WSDL vs. semantics of service

Jacek,

Yes, you are right-your service is waiting for <symbol>exmp</symbol>, not
<CompanyName>. Did you remember what I told Carine before? Your server will
ignore any other input message unless such message follow your pre-defined
template, as we know machine is not intelligent enough?

So if we have standardized plug and receptacle interfaces, then we can focus
on the *semanitcs* of the service now without considering the varied
definitions within different interface documents (WSDL).

Who can define the semantics of services and functions? As you see, you have
some different ideas from the others. So we cannot have an interoperable
semantics for the same service and function by your typical example. Then
could you remember what I suggested before as that, we need more standard
and agreement that should be formulated by W3C or ISO, other than individual
service providers? Otherwise, we have to use something to tell the
requesters that <symbol>exmp</symbol> in your service is equivalent to
<CompanyName> in others which all provide the same stock quote service.
Without standard and agreement, we may have to waste lots of energy, time
and money to match the semantic chaos and eventually tell the service
requesters that, input A in Functional Interface AA of Service AAA is the
same meaning as input B in Functional Interface BB of Service BBB.

As for the difference between a WSDL description and my proposed description
document, I think my discussion on the shared service semantic description
for geocoding Web services offerred by different service providers in
different version already demonstrated such fundamental difference among
them. Please reference them at:

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sws-ig/2006Mar/0057.html
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-sws-ig/2006Mar/0061.html

Thanks very much again for your kind attention and suggestions.

Best wishes,

Xuan