Re: [owl-s] OWL-S Events

(Redirecting to the IG list, as it's more appropriate there. I.e.,
it's not an OWL-S api question but a general OWL-S question.)

On Jun 27, 2006, at 7:15 PM, Demetris G wrote:

> Hi all,
>
>     do you know if there is a way to build events in OWL-S when
> building
> composite services. What I mean by that is currently we have a way to
> compose on atomic services using simple inputs and outputs. What if we
> want to allow events to occur outside the processes that will
> dictate how
> they behave. Does OWL-S have a way to define that. Just curious ..

I don't quite understand the question. Precondition expressions can
certainly be sensitive to exogeneous events, though that would take
you out of a classical planning/action representation framework
(since the fluents would be affected by things other than my explicit
actions).

I would say that OWL-S doesn't *really* have a way to define that,
but it doesn't *prevent* you from having true sensing actions (as
preconditions, or even as processes!), which would have the effect I
think you're after.

Cheers,
Bijan.