Re: agents

From: Bijan Parsia <bparsia@isr.umd.edu>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2006 22:54:46 +0100
Cc: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>
To: "Jorge Paulo Sequeira" <jpsequeira@netvisao.pt>

On Jul 20, 2006, at 3:48 PM, Jorge Paulo Sequeira wrote:
> Iím new to owl-s and Iíve got a basic question:
>
> I want to semantically document a web service of mine.
Why? What's your goal?
> Letís say I build all the files that I need, with all the
> information with input output preconditions and effects. Letís also
> assume that I have already a service.owl, a profile.owl, a
> process.owl and a growding.owl for my service.
Er...you mean the standard background ontology that you've imported?
Or is it just that you've covered all these areas? (There's no
requirement for separate files. If your service is atomic, there
won't be a lot of process to describe).

> What now?
if you have no other goals, then you are done!
> What am I supposed to do with these files?
This is a really strange question. What did you *want* to do with
them? Why did you mark them up?

Typically, one will publish them so others (or you) can use them.
> Do I have to build my own agent to query them?
Er...usually one wants to use enriched descriptions to assist in
enhancing or automating certain tasks such as service discovery,
matching, composition, or execution. Well, you know what the service
is, so no discovery. You've only mentioned one, so not a lot of
matching or composition. Is this a general question?
> Are there APIís available on the community?
Yep. I recommend, as I would :) the Maryland OWL-S api:
	http://www.mindswap.org/2004/owl-s/api/
> Whatís the typical use for these files? How do I integrate this
> information on my web server so agents can locate and ďunderstandĒ
> the service?
Just publish like normal web documents.

Cheers,
Bijan.