Re: Difference between Agents and (Semantic) Web Services

From: Marin Dimitrov <marin.dimitrov@ontotext.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Dec 2006 13:43:09 +0200
To: Jyotishman Pathak <jyotishman@gmail.com>
CC: "Public-Sws-Ig@W3. Org" <public-sws-ig@w3.org>, Jyotishman Pathak <jpathak@cs.iastate.edu>

Jyotishman Pathak wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Pardon me if this is a very naive question, but someone can please tell
> me crisply the difference(s) between software agents and (semantic) Web
> services? I have been trying to find out a comparison between them over
> the Web and came across the following:
> http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=873262, which unfortunately did
> not suffice my query to its entirety.
>
> I look forward to your inputs.

hi,

in addition to the replies you already got, you might check this paper out:
"A first step towards enabling Interoperability between Software Agents
and Semantic Web Services: Multi Agent Systems adapting Web Services
Standards"

(http://aphrodite.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de/ibis/images/stories/issue2/ibis_issue2_p97to118.pdf)

hth,

	Marin

----
"...what you brought from your past, is of no use in your present. When
you must choose a new path, do not bring old experiences with you.
Those who strike out afresh, but who attempt to retain a little of the
old life, end up torn apart by their own memories. "