Re: Compositions Types:Static and Dynamic

Daniela and Xuan,

For semantic web, I would give a somewhat different definition about
"dynamic" vs "static" than conventional  definition.  "Dynamic" means
composition and invocation is programed by program-programmer.  "Static"
means it is programed by human programmer.  The more dynamic it is, the
more a human programmer needs to make his/her program closer to a
program-programmer.  "Dynamic" composition/invocation in conventional
technology like Java, CORBA, ActiveX, or Web Services are very limited.
The goal of semantic web is to create an order-of-magnitude more
flexible program-programmer.  Semantic annotation is to assist them to
write programs  to use a particular service just as API specification
and programmer's guide to assist human programmer.

Even though, we are still far away from creating program-programmer
close to human programmer.  The research in semantic web has
dramatically improved the capability of program-programmers.  To do
this, it requires a paradigm shift from conventional object-oriented
model to semantic-oriented model.  It requires a different kind of
programming language, a different kind of data store, a different kind
of API, and most of all, a different kind of API specification.

William Wu
Semansoft Corporation