Re: LAM technologies for SW -> FCS-Ontologies [PUBLIC-SWS-IG]

Adrian Walker wrote:

> Hi "hj nern"--

> Use of a bit of natural language, plus making numeric steps explicit,
> allow a system, such as the one online at the site below, to explain
> its use of imprecise real world knowledge to the user.  For an example,
> please see the reasoning about 'semantic distance' in
>

> http://www.reengineeringllc.com/Internet_Business_Logic_and_Semantic_Web_Presentation.pdf
>
>      http://www.reengineeringllc.com/demo_agents/SemanticResolution1.agent

10x for the links

> Hope this stimulates some debate.

yes - we may try - as an introduction you may visit the panel discussion
on "Fl in the SW" at the BISCSE'05 at Berkeley in November.

http://www-bisc.cs.berkeley.edu/BISCSE2005/

after that we see more clear - maybe ...

BR
   hj

>                         -- Adrian
>
> PS:  I have an old paper in Information and Control about fuzzy
> reasoning and inductive inference of hidden Markov models for decision
> support.  So, I'm not against that approach -- I just think there are
> places where it should be used, and places where it should not.
>

> INTERNET BUSINESS LOGIC (R)
>
> Online at www <http://www.reengineeringllc.com/>.reengineeringllc.com
> <http://www.reengineeringllc.com/>
>
> Shared, community use is free.