Re: Are there so many errors in the official example of OWL-S?

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2005 13:13:48 -0500
To: public-sws-ig@w3.org

> [Wenfeng ZHAO]
>
>     While reading CongoProcess.owl --the official example of OWL-S, I was
> surprised to find that there are so many likely errors in them. The
> following items are some of them. And most of them are about the SWRL
> expressions.  Is there anyone here that would not mind telling me who is
> wrong -- the examples or me -- on earth?  Thanks.

You are right.  It's easy for errors to occur in the SWRL expressions
because it's hard for an OWL validator to catch discrepancies inside
XML literals.

We'll try to post a corrected version.  Your suggested corrections are
all more or less correct, but what we really should do is start with a
presentation-syntax version of Congo Buy, type-check that, then derive
the OWL version from it.  Perhaps that won't take too long.

--

                                         -- Drew McDermott
                                            Yale University