Re: Options we have with respect to the draft charters (i.e., RE: [fwd] Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS)

On Nov 22, 2005, at 10:17 AM, Shi, Xuan wrote:

> I'd like to make clear about my statement regarding XML, RDF/OWL,
> semantic
> Web, etc. XML is based on a Tree model while RDF is based on a graphic
> model
> originated from the AI domain. Thus it's not easy for XML people to
> understand RDF tripples.
[snip]

It's clarifying, but it just underscores the silliness (sorry for the
bluntness) of the argument. Perhaps, "thinness" would be a better word.
I mean, what exactly is driving your "thus"? Graphic vs. Tree? (can't
trees be visualized?) Or that something *originated* "in the AI domain"
(but you offer no substantive analysis of the troublesome features)?
And what happened to the problems of logic(s)?

Oh well, mailing lists, y'know.

Cheers,
Bijan.