From: public-sws-ig-request@w3.org on behalf of Shi, Xuan
Sent: Tue 22/11/2005 3:20 PM
To: 'David Martin '; 'Carine Bournez '
Cc: 'Battle, Steven Andrew '; 'public-sws-ig@w3.org '; 'www-ws@w3.org '
Subject: RE: Semantics for Web Services Characterization

I think W3C and this WG can consider more complex situations in developing
semantic Web services rather than such simple business models. There is a
long term effect once we select a way to do things (such as RDF/OWL) while
we need more general approach for semantic Web services rather than tightly
coupled with WSDL since W3C defined Web service as "a software system
designed to support interoperable machine-to-machine interaction over a
network".