RE: Options we have with respect to the draft charters (i.e., RE: [fwd] Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS)

From: Cutler, Roger (RogerCutler) <RogerCutler@chevron.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 14:23:58 -0600
To: "Shi, Xuan" <xshi@GEO.WVU.edu>, "Dan Brickley " <danbri@w3.org>, drew.mcdermott@yale.edu
cc: public-sws-ig@w3.org

Very interesting paper.  Thank you.

-----Original Message-----
From: public-sws-ig-request@w3.org [mailto:public-sws-ig-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Shi, Xuan
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2005 10:05 AM
To: 'Dan Brickley '; 'drew.mcdermott@yale.edu '
Cc: 'public-sws-ig@w3.org '
Subject: RE: Options we have with respect to the draft charters (i.e.,
RE: [fwd] Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS)

I recommend this 87-page paper "Towards a Semantic Web for Culture" by
Kim H. Veltman which can be accessed at:

http://jodi.tamu.edu/Articles/v04/i04/Veltman/veltman.pdf

The so-called "Semantic Web" in nature is "logical Web", the result is
even XML people cannot understand RDF/OWL due to those logics and the
way of RDF presentation. That's why this technology is not well accepted
and deployed.
That's why I said here before, the more complex the system, the less the
user. It's the same to developing semantic Web services.