Re: [fwd] Draft charters for work on Semantics for WS

Hi all, I have several comments on the draft charter of the Semantic
Annotations for WSDL working group:

1) section on Scope talks about message types and message names; I
believe this is heavily influenced by WSDL 1.1 terminology and it should
be something like this:

"For example, a service with an operation using an in-out pattern, where
the input and output messages are elements amount and tax of type
xs:double, could have different meanings:"

2) The end of the first paragraph of the section on Scope seems to
mandate that the extension this WG comes up with are to be placed within
WSDL documentation elements. I think this is an unnecessary restriction,
as WSDL can easily handle extensions basically everywhere, and it may be
simpler to be directly on the target element, not within its
documentation.

3) the section "Out of scope" mentions SOAP Action HTTP header, that
should be "SOAP action media-type parameter" (SOAP 1.2). Additionally,
the section might mention Web Services Addressing wsa:action as well
here.

4) The schedule mentions the first f2f in February 2006 - would that be
at the Technical Plenary? It would be great if this WG could have a f2f
at the TP, I think.

5) section on "Meetings" says that all record "must be made publicly
available except for non-technical issues that do not directly affect
the output of the WG". I think this may be too general, there may be
issues where making a decision involves sensitive member-only
information (let's say politically-sensitive issues), such information
is usually archived in the member-only mailing list. This information
may directly affect the output of the WG. The decisions must be public,
of course, but some information might be member-confidential and the
text in this section seems to prevent that.

Best regards,

Jacek Kopecky