Re: WSDL-S's action and related WS-Addressing and WSDL discussions and concepts

From: KUNAL VERMA <verma@cs.uga.edu>
Date: Fri, 1 Jul 2005 11:42:25 -0400 (EDT)
To: Carine Bournez <carine@w3.org>
cc: public-sws-ig@w3.org

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005, Carine Bournez wrote:

> > 2. In WSDL 2.0, where there is no explicit message construct (unless I am
> >    totally wrong about this), how can we make it a message level property.
>
> What about input and output?

According to the schema of operation in WSDL 2.0 available at [1]:
    An operation can have 0 or more inputs and outputs, thus implying that
    there is not a 1 to 1 correspondence between an input and a message.

While, at a SOAP level, it makes perfect sense to add action as a message
level property, doing so at WSDL level might lead to some tricky issues.
(e.g. do we add "action" to all inputs and outputs of an operation)

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2005/WD-wsdl20-20050510/#InterfaceMessageReference_XMLRep

Thanks,
Kunal