Re: A question about modeling information providing service in OWL-S 1.1

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 23:36:05 -0500
To: public-sws-ig@w3.org

> [Manshan Lin]
> Considering an information providing service operation:
> getAllPersonsInTheRoom(in ?room:#Room, out ?persons:#PersonsCollection)
> It returns all the persons in the room. How to represent this
> operation's result in OWL-S 1.1? How to declare the fact that
> all ?x ( in(?room,?x)<-> member(?x,?persons) )
> in the operation.

Why would you want to?  It's not likely to be true that all persons
are in the rooom, or even that everything in the room is a person.

> How can I know this service only returns the information about the persons
> in the room, and it do not make the members of ?persons in the room although
> some of them are out of the room before?
> Can OWL-S 1.1 express effects like "know_val_is" in OPT or PDDL?

If your logic language allows you to say (know_val_is <term> <val>),
then you can make the following an effect of the web service:

    (know_val (cardinality
		 (set_of_all (lambda (p)
				(and (member p persons)
				     (in x room1))))))