Re: Computed IOPRs

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Tue, 2 Nov 2004 13:43:00 +0000 (GMT)
To: elenius@csl.sri.com
CC: public-sws-ig@w3.org

[Daniel Elenius]
> I noticed that the computedPrecondition, computedInput, etc, properties
> are back in Process.owl (they were removed before weren't they?). I can
> see the need for them. The range of these is owl:Thing. Shouldn't it be
> expr:Expression?

Probably.

I don't know when, or if, they were removed, or why they're back, if
indeed they are.  The technical overview doesn't discuss them, so
I've thought of them as one of those odd things in the Owl-S attic.

But why exactly are they needed?  The only difference between
precondition and computedPrecondition is how they were produced, which
seems like an arbitrary detail.  One might just as well refine the
category further, and split computedPrecondition into
preconditionComputedAtDefinitionTime and preconditionRecomputedDaily.

                                             -- Drew

--

                                         -- Drew McDermott
                                            Yale University

Some see the glass as half empty, some as half full.  Surely the
truth lies somewhere in between.