Re: [OWL-S] Process subClassOf IntervalEvent

Hi David,

Thanks for copying the email to me. Yes, I'm on public-sws-ig@w3.org.

Currently the time ontology is used in Process.owl as follows:

Class:
  Process subclass IntervalEvent
  ControlConstruct subclass IntervalEvent
ObjectProperty:
  timeout: ProcessComponent --> IntervalThing
  timeoutAbsolute: ProcessComponent --> InstantThing
In class ProcessComponent's definition (restriction on property):
  begins
  ends
  timeout
  timeoutAbsolute

After you remove

  Process subclass IntervalEvent
  ControlConstruct subclass IntervalEvent

"begins" and "ends" temporal property restrictions will have to be removed
(or re-defined) from the definition of ProcessComponent, since they are
based on the the above subclass relationship.

About "timeout" and "timeoutAbsolute", based on Mark Burstein's email:

> Process Instances now represents either a set of unrelated intervals
> (like the old process class) or else something that is not an event at
> all, but is just a spec for one.

it makes sense to me to still keep them as possible temporal properties of
ProcessComponent.

> I've also removed the cardinality restrictions on temporal properties,
> which were based on these subclass relationships.

I don't understand why you (only) removed the cardinality restrictions on
temporal properties (which I guess are "begins" and "ends", right?).
The problem is the whole restriction, not the cardinality, as they are
using owl:maxCardinality="1"...

Thanks,

Feng