Re: OWL-S preconditions - practical issues

At 06:16 PM 25/06/2004 +0100, Donal Murtagh wrote:
>It seems the term "constraint" doesn't mean the same to you as
>"precondition", could you explain what you mean by "constraint"?

We use constraint as a general term, for anything that gives a statement
about the plan... so it constraints some aspect of it... world state
constraints, temporal constraints, object variable constraints, spatial
constraints and anything else you want.

Preconditions to us are just world state constraints (things that can be
evaluated as holding or not) i.e. proposition=value (P=V) at <the time
point associated with the begin of an activity.>

Where V is usually true/false, but could be something else like (age austin)=21