Re: [OWL-S]: proposal to collapse ProcessModel and Process

From: Terry Payne <trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2004 16:43:40 +0100
Cc: public-sws-ig@w3.org
To: David Martin <martin@ai.sri.com>
This has my vote as well!

I've attached a diagram that illustrates how processes, profiles and
services are connected, and it is a bit of a tangled web...

	Terry

On 13 Jun 2004, at 16:57, Drew McDermott wrote:

>> [David Martin]
>>
>> I'd like to collapse ProcessModel and Process, in Process.owl.  I
>> doubt
>> if anyone will object to this, in principle, but I think it should be
>> mentioned "for the record".  It has been discussed, now and then, in
>> the
>> past.
>>
>> ProcessModel has always been a simple class which points to a Process
>> and also to a "process control model".  Of course, ProcessControlModel
>> is just a placeholder; no one has ever done any work on it (that is,
>> not
>> in the context of OWL-S).  (But note that I think there's some
>> important
>> work to be done in this area; it's just that it's not a near-term
>> priority.)
>
> I never understood what a process-control model was supposed to be, so
> I agree with your proposal.
>
>                                              -- Drew
>

> --
>                                    -- Drew McDermott
>                                       Yale Computer Science Department

Terry R. Payne, PhD.		| http://www.ecs.soton.ac.uk/~trp/index.html
AgentLink III Co-coordinator	| AgentLink III - http://www.agentlink.org
University of Southampton	| Voice: +44(0)23 8059 8343 [Fax: 8059 2865]
Southampton, SO17 1BJ, UK | Email: terry@acm.org / trp@ecs.soton.ac.uk

ServiceProfileProcess.gif
(image/gif attachment: ServiceProfileProcess.gif)