Re: Use of rdfs resource in Service.owl

On Jan 12, 2004, at 9:54 AM, Gary Ng wrote:
[snip]
> However, according to OWL spec [1], and subsequent exchanges in the
> rdf-logic list [2,3],
> OWL S&AS excludes rdfs:Resource completely from OWL DL. Which means an
> OWL-DL conforming parser should NOT let this go through.

Yes.

> We have been thinking about ways to get round this. One way is to have
> OWL Class called URIReference.
> But at the end of the day it depends on the original intention of such
> definition. The question is:
> is it the intention of the OWL-S team to have this in OWL-Full?
[snip]

The current intent is to try to stay in OWL-DL. We knew that the 1.0
release still had several Fullisms, but schedule issues put off further
DLization for the next incremental release. It's my hope that our
Feburary (I think) release will have all gratiuous Fullisms replaced.
That is, in next months release, all the files *should* be either
OWL-DL conformant *or* any use of OWL-Full features is deliberate,
documented, and justified.

Cheers,
Bijan Parsia.