RE: first there was HTTP: .... then there was FTP: ... and now FI PA:

Hi Tim,
Presumably FIPA has some set of requirements and use cases in mind that show
that the software agents they (you?) want to build can't simply re-use the
existing URI schemes and infrastructure?  It would be nice if those could be
made public (or, if they already are, a reminder would be appreciated).

For example, this would help to answer what is it that a set of FIPA OWL
ontologies in a well-known http namespace can't do.  I'm prepared to accept
that are are such needs, but at the present time I can't see what they are.

Regards,
Ian

PS To avoid cross-posting, I've edited the address list down to sws-ig.  If
this isn't an appropriate forum, please feel free to redirect the
conversation elsewhere.

Ian Dickinson, HP Labs, Bristol, UK              ian.dickinson@hp.com
+44 (117) 312 8796                http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/ijd