Re: [OWL-S]: Proposal for 1 new control construct

Based on our discussion, here's a variant proposal to allow inputs to be
"set" to the outputs of other steps.

At 12:10 PM 2/17/2004, David Martin wrote:

>Following up on this proposal, below is an initial version of the OWL-S
>code for the "Perform" construct.  This will go in Process.owl.
>
>It's essentially the same as I described in the original message, but
>calling it "Perform" instead of "Use".  Also, I'm adding the property
>hasBinding, which was missing from the example, and slightly renaming a
>couple other properties.
>
>Here's the updated example:
>
><process:Perform>
>   <process resource="http://..../SomeProcess.owl">
>   <hasBinding>
>     <InputBinding>
>        <formal resource="http://..../SomeProcess.owl#Input1"/>
>        <actual resource="#Person1"/>
>     </InputBinding>
>   </hasBinding>
>   <hasBinding>
>     <OutputBinding>
>        <formal resource="http://..../SomeProcess.owl#Output1"/>
>        <actual resource="#MyVar43"/>
>     </OutputBinding>
>   </hasBinding>
>
>   ... other bindings ...
></process:Perform>

How about this:

<process:Perform>
     <process resource="#AtomicProcess5"/>
   <withInput>
     <Binding>
        <ofParameter resource="#AP5Input1"/>  ;; must be a parameter of
AtomicProcess5
        <source>
             <ProcessOutput>
                <step resource="#perform29"/>     ;; must be a Perform
within the same Composite Process
                <param resource="#output10"/>     ;; must be an output of
the process named in #perform29
              </ProcessOutput>
           </source>
        </Binding>
     </withInput>
   <assignOutput>
     <Assignment>
        <toParameter resource="#ParentOutput7"/>   ;; must be a parameter
of some step in the same composite, or a "LOCAL" or output parameter of the
parent process.
        <fromOutputParameter resource="#Output5/>  ;; must be a parameter
of AtomicProcess5
      </Assignment>
    </assignOutput>
</process:Perform>