RE: OWL and RDF example needed

SchemaWeb has rapidly become an essential resource (for humans and perhaps machines - it includes Web Services):

http://www.schemaweb.info/

The ESW Wiki is also good for schema shopping:

http://esw.w3.org/topic/VocabularyMarket

The Wine Ontology (as used in the OWL Guide) is a nice example for tidy reasoning:

http://www.w3.org/TR/owl-guide/
http://www.ksl.stanford.edu/people/dlm/webont/wineAgent/

The FOAF schema is a nice example of working with scruffier stuff:

http://www.foaf-project.org/
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-foaf.html

Cheers,
Danny.