Re: Doubt about Parameter during execution

From: Evren Sirin <evren@cs.umd.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2004 23:42:14 -0500
To: Tatiana Vieira <tascvieira@yahoo.com.br>
CC: public-sws-ig@w3.org

Hi Tatiana,
The "instantiation" of Parameter class is not related to the execution
of processes. It is related to the OWL individuals found in the OWL-S
descriptions. It simply says that we don't expect anybody to create a
"direct" instance of Parameter class, i.e. having only one type
assertion for a parameter like this:

<process:Parameter rdf:ID="someParam">

In your OWL-S description, it is expected (though not mandatory) that
you will explicitly say that a parameter is an input or output, i.e. by
saying

<process:Input rdf:ID="someParam"> OR <process:Output rdf:ID="someParam">

There are also different subclasses of Parameter class defined in OWL-S
1.1, such as Local and ResultVar, which you might use. Of course you can
also extend the OWL-S ontologies to define your own subclasses of the
Parameter class.

Regards,
Evren