RE: Modeling complex results as logic formulas, or as composite p rocesses

Right now I am working only with retrieval services (i.e. those pure
functional, that just return information without changing the world), and
thus I am focusing only in output and conditions both for discovery and
composition, ignoring effects. So I included in the profiles of the existing
services OutputBindings with ValueFunctions like "IsWorkingTime(Input Time)"
and "IsOnVacation(Input Person,Input Date)", being IsWorkingTime and
IsOnVacation a concept meaning a Function. The requesting profile specifies
a OutputBinding with a ValueFunction of "IsWorking(Input Person, Input
Time)", and through the equivalence between IsWorking(), IsWorkingTime() and
IsOnVacation(), my proof of concept is (now) able to resolve the profile.
The question is whether other "OWL-S resolvers" will interpret the same or
not.

I hope "OWL-S resolver" is a better term than "OWL-S processor", by which I
meant something having planning capabilities; I aim to having a component
that receives a OWL-S profile and searches in a base of OWL and OWL-S
definitions in order to find out how to resolve the needs of that profile,
returning the precise instructions for doing so.

When I start handling services with permanent effects (e.g. create or modify
data), then I will start taking service effects into account. I hope this is
the proper way of modeling things.

Thank you very much for your comments