Re: Planning under Description Logic ?--an obstacle towards WSAC

From: <jeff@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2004 19:17:09 +0000
To: Juergen Zimmer <jzimmer@inf.ed.ac.uk>, bparsia@isr.umd.edu, Manshan Lin <lmshill@gmail.com>, public-sws-ig@w3.org

Juergen Zimmer wrote:
> it seems that the plan generated by the HTN planner [SHOP2] does not
> support pallel execution, since it only generates a sequence
> of actions. (Since I'm not familiar withHTN planning, point it out
> if I'm wrong. :) ).

I think that's true for SHOP2.  The final result is sequential
even though everything doesn't have to be sequential in the
expansion of an action into subactions.  (In the original SHOP,
I think that had to be sequential as well.)

However, HTN planners don't have to generate sequential plans.
With O-Plan, for example, the final plan is still only a partial
order.

-- Jeff