OWL-based WSDL

From: Rune Peter Bjørnstad <runepeter@online.no>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 09:30:43 +0200
To: <public-sws-ig@w3.org>

Hi,

During my master thesis I was forces to introduce a property that defines
the type of WSDL binding is actually used (SOAP, HTTP, EJB etc.). During
this process I though that it might be a good idea to create an OWL-version
of WSDL. This way, I can use an OWL reasoner to “look inside” the WSDL
document. Is this something that might be of some use to others… does it
already exist?

I am able to invoke a service without the introduced property, and without
looking inside the WSDL document. But when it comes to creating
efficient/smart proxies, knowing that the WSDL has a EJB binding can be very
advantageous.

Kind Regards,

Rune Bjørnstad.