Introduction - Mark Baker

From: Mark Baker <distobj@acm.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 19:58:49 -0500
To: public-sws-ig@w3.org

Hi,

I've been the guy who's described himself as 'Putting the "Web" in "Web
Services"'.  So I guess you could say that I'm here to help put the
"Web" into "Semantic Web Services" now.  In particular, I'm quite
concerned that a lot of the "*-S" work is picking up on bad practice in
Web-services land, specifically, assuming that HTTP doesn't define a
sufficiently rich application interface over which automata can
coordinate arbitrary tasks.

Thanks!

Mark.