Introduction - Drew McDermott

From: Drew McDermott <drew.mcdermott@yale.edu>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2003 13:14:21 -0500 (EST)
To: public-sws-ig@w3.org

My name is Drew McDermott; I work at the Yale University CS Department
in New Haven, Connecticut, USA.

In my opinion, the best way for software agents to reason about
interacting with web services is by treating it as a planning
problem.  So I'm trying to extend classical planning techniques to
this domain.  Some of the required extensions are: being able to
incorporate canned plans into plans that are constructed step by step;
representing an agent's ignorance about some things; thinking about
alternative contingencies; and avoiding thinking too far ahead.

--
                                             -- Drew McDermott
                                                Yale University CS Dept.